I am haunted by all the editions of books that are prettier than the ones I already own.
Hense - 700 Delaware (2012) - Mural on abandoned church
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
2. Say “exactly” what you mean.
3. Don’t be a people pleaser.
4. Trust your instincts.
5. Never speak badly about yourself.
6. Never give up on your dreams.
7. Don’t be afraid to say “no”.
8. Don’t be afraid to say “yes”.
9. Resist the need to always have control.
10. Stay away from drama and negativity – as much as possible.
Source: Lessons Learned in Life
- Who is in charge?
- #BeyondFerguson (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- I could have been Mike Brown, before Mike Brown
- Ferguson Mayor James Knowles faces heat
- Outside chiefs called to help Ferguson Police “make better decisions”
- School supplies for Ferguson or (X)
- Senators Maria Chappelle-Nadal and Jamilah Nasheed help organize a march on Ferguson for Aug. 30
To donate £5 to the charity supporting the male victims of domestic abuse, text the message: MKDV46 to 70070
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Read each story here:http://vogue.cm/XSNWEq
Jon Stewart, The Daily Show, 2014-08-26, “Race/Off” [alternate link here]
Any time someone asks me if “I’m too old for that”, I just direct them to Advanced Style.
Friendly reminder that you’re allowed to like a thing without knowing every single fact about the thing
You’re allowed to like a movie without having to know every crew member’s name
You’re allowed to like a book without having to memorize every page
You’re allowed to like a video game without having to know all the Easter eggs and cheat codes
You’re allowed to like things and not be an expert on things
Liking things isn’t supposed to be stressful